Family dynamics are complicated! As humans, we are social learners. The family we grew up in impacts who we are, how we behave, and what we believe. When one person struggles, it affects the entire family dynamic. Family counseling can be helpful to address common issues that impact the family unit including:
- martial issues or divorce
- co-parenting support
- parent-child conflict, sibling conflict, or parenting struggles
- a member of the family is struggling with substance use/codependency
- family grief due to the loss of a loved one
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
Check out our video: Communication Techniques for Couples & Families.
Your Journey Starts Here
Research has shown that the number one determining factor of progress in therapy is the therapeutic relationship you build with your counselor.
This is why we offer a complimentary consultation with one of our counselors before you decide to commit to and pay for therapy.