As humans, we are social learners. The family we grew up in impacts who we are, how we behave, and what we believe. When one person struggles, it affects the entire family dynamic. Family counseling can be helpful to address common issues that impact the family unit including:
- martial issues or divorce
- parent-child conflict, sibling conflict, or parenting struggles
- when a member of the family struggling with substance use/codependency
- family grief due to the loss of a loved one
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
Click here to learn more our rates & insurance.