Group counseling differs from individual therapy by holding therapeutic sessions in a group setting facilitated by a therapist rather than a one-on-one setting. In group sessions, you can share your thoughts and experiences with the whole group, allowing others who understand what you’re going through to support you. These therapist-guided sessions will help you learn more about yourself and how to improve the way you feel while feeling support from others who understand your experience.
Can you relate to any of these statements?
- Worrying about the same problem over and over
- Wishing you could trust someone with your secret struggle
- Feelings of loneliness and that others in your life can’t understand you
- You’re interested in therapy, but want to try something less intense
- Not ready to share your feelings, but are willing to listen and learn through others who share similar experiences
If so, Group Counseling can help!
Research has shown that group counseling can be more effective than individual therapy. Group counseling helps you realize you are not alone. The process helps you find self-awareness by listening to others with similar issues. It offers support and helps normalize your experiences.
Click here to learn more about our rates & insurance.