Through couples counseling, you will learn how to understand each other’s needs, find acceptance for each other’s flaws, improve your communication & intimacy, and heal together.
Some issues that bring couples to therapy are:
- Poor communication & increased conflict
- Infidelity & trust issues
- Intimacy issues / emotional disconnection
- Challenges with sexual connection
- Work / Life / Family balance
- Navigating blended / extended family
- Struggling with your partner’s chronic illness
- Divorce & co-parenting support
- Substance use / Codependency
- Premarital readiness / adjusting to new marriage
- Family planning & fertility challenges
Our 3 Step Assessment
- The first appointment will involve the couple together, reviewing their relationship history and what led you to counseling today. Your counselor will explore your relationship and counseling goals.
- The second appointment will consist of individual sessions. Each individual will meet with the counselor individually to review your personal history.
- The third appointment will involve the couple together allowing the counselor to share her feedback and recommendations.
Couples sessions are 90 minutes in duration. The second appointment will consist of two individual sessions, 45 minutes per person, totaling 90 minutes.
Meet our Couples Counselor, Kristy!
Using a systems approach, Kristy views the relationship itself as the client, and offers solutions to improve the overall health of your relationship, including emotional and sexual health.
Check out what inspires our counselor, Kristy, to work with couples.