If you’re not at your best, chances are your relationship has been affected. As women, if we have histories of trauma, abuse, or unhealthy relationships, it impacts our present and future relationships. Through couples counseling, you will learn how to understand each other’s needs, find acceptance for each other’s flaws, improve your communication & intimacy, and heal together.
Some issues that bring couples to therapy are:
- Poor communication + increased conflict
- Infidelity + trust issues
- Intimacy issues / emotional disconnection
- Challenges with sexual connection
- Work / Life / Family balance
- Navigating blended / extended family
- Struggling with your partner’s chronic illness
- Divorce + co-parenting support
- Substance use / Codependency
- Premarital readiness / adjusting to new marriage
- Family planning + fertility challenges
A relationship can only be as healthy as the people who are in it!
Most couples have their own unresolved individual issues that are projected into the relationship and impact the unit in an unhealthy way. It is common for one or both partners to also participate in individual counseling help support the overall goal of reconnecting and healing as a couple.