Mental Wellness Yoga
Not Your Traditional Yoga
How We Are Different
Traditional yoga teachers attend yoga trainings and become certified in yoga. Our yoga teacher is a Mental Health Counselor AND a Certified Yoga Teacher! Mindfulness practices, like yoga, are evidence-based therapeutic interventions that not only improve physical and spiritual wellness, but your emotional and mental wellness, too!
Research continues to show the emotional and mental health benefits of yoga. We include this service as an enhancement to our counseling services, improving your overall mental wellness, or as a standalone service if you’re only interested in our Mental Wellness Yoga.
Whatever your preference, we are here to support you!
Individual Virtual Yoga
Say goodbye to group classes & fitness apps! We offer live, guided, individual yoga sessions customized to meet your unique mental wellness goals, strengths, & needs. Our individual yoga sessions are offered virtually in the comfort of your own home [destination of your choosing].
Mindfulness-Based Group Yoga
We offer an in-person Yoga Series located at River Hills Country Club clubhouse in Valrico, FL. (See dates below). Our Yoga Series is presented as a mindfulness-based group, specializing in the following six areas of mental wellness:
- Self-Esteem: a calm flow focusing on self-love & gratitude.
- Depression: a gentle flow to introduce movement into the body.
- Anxiety: a grounding practice infused with CBT [Cognitive Behavioral Therapy] & DBT [Dialectical Behavioral Therapy] coping skills.
- Trauma: Yin yoga to strengthen the mind / body connection, combat dissociation, & dissolve body / physical triggers.
- Grief: a soft flow to open the heart space & honor feelings.
- Energy Boost: a faster-paced flow to kickstart or reset the day.
Each group session will include a customized yoga flow, followed by a brief guided meditation, and concludes with open-ended questions for self-reflection to either journal on or share with the group. Each yoga flow, guided meditation, and journal questions are customized to the specific area of mental wellness to allow enhanced healing in that area.
Located at River Hills Country Club in Valrico, FL; 11a-12p. Packages available! $35 per session.
Other Yoga-Specific Topics
In addition to the topics listed above, we also offer yoga sessions tailored to:
- PMS relief
- Stress reduction
- Muscle tension [strengthen & lengthen]