Did you know that women experience higher rates of depression due to hormonal changes throughout their life?
Certain types of depression can occur at different stages of a woman’s life. Menstrual cycles, pregnancy, postpartum, and perimenopause are all associated with dramatic physical & hormonal changes.
Types of Women-Specific Depression:
- PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder)
- Prenatal Depression
- Postpartum Depression
- Perimenopausal Depression
You are not alone!
Simply understanding and recognizing these hormonal changes can help you cope with them. Talk therapy, specifically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, is one of the recommended treatment recommendations for these hormonal changes.
We Can Help!
Individual counseling can offer you the emotional support you need and recommendations to help you cope with these hormonal changes naturally.
Through individual counseling, we explore your thought process, coping skills, and lifestyle at a minimum to help you identify changes you can make to improve your physical and mental health.
We use a holistic approach to mental wellness, which means identifying root causes and exploring behavioral, environmental, nutritional, spiritual, as well as cognitive changes you can make to improve your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
Natural Ways to Balance Hormones
- Balanced diet. Remove sugar, artificial flavors, processed or fried foods, seed oils, and alcohol.
- Nutrition. Ensuring your body is receiving the nutrients it needs is important. There are also supplements you can take to help naturally balance your hormones.
- Exercise. Find ways to incorporate daily body movement. Exercise allows us to sweat out toxins which impact our mental and physical health, while also serving as a physical outlet for your emotional energy and a natural way to boost your mood!
- Clean living. Review and rate your beauty and cleaning products to ensure they are clean and don’t have toxins. Even if / when you think a product is safe, check to be sure! There are hidden ways toxins can be added to products that claim to be clean and safe.
Your Healing Journey Starts Here!
- View real-time counselor availability & schedule an appointment online!
- Complete intake forms electronically via your HIPAA secure Client Portal.
- Receive your Telehealth link via email or text, and join your first session!
We also offer a FREE 15 minute consultation with the counselor of choice to give you an opportunity to meet the counselor and see if you’re a good fit! Schedule your free consultation here!